Chamberlain Care ®
We know how important it is for you to have the support you need to succeed while earning your degree. That’s why we strive to provide you with the same extraordinary care and support you provide your patients.
Care is what distinguishes us – Chamberlain Care®. At Chamberlain, we believe if we take extraordinary care of our students, we will graduate extraordinary nurses who can have a significant and positive impact on healthcare around the world.
Here are some resources that you can take advantage of throughout your educational journey with Chamberlain.
The Student Portal is a single-sign on, secure and personalized site you will use to access most of the resources listed on this page. Once you apply, you will be provided with an identification number and instructions on how to log into your student portal. The following resources are available within the portal:
- DegreeWorks – online tool that lets you monitor your progress toward your degree
- Email – easily access your student email
- IT Help Desk – contact the Help Desk to report an issue or question
- Student Services Advising – a one-stop-shop for all academic and financial aid questions
- Semester Grades – check your semester grades right from the homepage
- Library Access – access to the online library
- Pay My Bill – easy access to pay bills from the home page as well as from the Finance section
- Student Surveys – access your end-of-course evaluations
- eCollege – access the online course shell for your nursing and liberal arts and sciences courses
- Personalized Message Center – displays messages specific to each Chamberlain student
- Finances Section – view your account details, contact your student services advisor, manage payment plans and more
- CareerCare – a new full-service job search and employment tool from our Career Services department, available to students starting Day One
- My Degree & Courses Section – manage your course schedules, request transcripts, and access DegreeWorks and other important resource
- Resources Section – access everything from the Smarthinking Online Tutor Resource to the IT Help Desk, ASPIRE Student Assistance Program, and tips and tools you may need to be successful
Admission & Student Services Representatives
Your admission representative will walk you through the application and admission process.
Once you begin your classes, the Student Services team will advise you both financially and academically throughout your program. They can also offer support should you encounter any difficulties in your courses.
Your Student Services team is well equipped to advise you financially from admission through your entire program. This team of representatives can help you identify and apply for financial resources and help you put a financial plan in place.
Our technical support team is available for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week by phone, email or live chat.
You can access the library and databases 24 hours a day, seven days a week from the Library’s website and the course guide link in each classroom.
Support features include:
- Ask A Librarian – This feature allows you to chat live with a librarian to help you find what you need. If a librarian is not immediately available, you may also text (614) 500-4754 or email your question to the librarian. Texts are answered during Chat Hours.
- FAQ – This keyword search is programmed with a collection of prepared research assistance directions created in anticipation of your questions
- Request An Article - This allows for articles to be delivered to you in an electronic format. This is a great tool if you are having trouble locating a specific article
- Research Overview – This can help you navigate the Chamberlain Library, search through databases and troubleshoot technology issues
Academic Catalog and Student Handbook
The Academic Catalog and Student Handbook provide you with an in-depth view of Chamberlain and details about all of our degree programs. You can learn about our history, culture, admission information, course offerings and much more.
Your best resource will be your professor. Our faculty go through an extensive training program to prepare them for teaching and to provide you with support and care.
You can reach your professor through:
- The online course platform
Chamberlain professors have regular office hours to assist you with questions.
The Chamberlain Bookstore will be available for you through your student portal as soon as you apply. You can search for, purchase and sell books through the online bookstore.
ASPIRE is a support program that gives students direct access to counseling professionals who can help you stay focused on your goals. This complimentary service is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help address issues that can affect your ability to be successful in school. You can speak with counselors about:
- Emotional support
- School/Life balance
- Family responsibilities
- Financial or legal troubles
Smarthinking is a complimentary online tutoring service that is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Features include:
- Reviewing previous tutoring sessions for reference
- Scheduling a new session
- Receiving assistance with many subjects, including:
Writing source provides you with videos and written examples of various writing formats and styles as well as proper use of grammar and punctuation. This resource can be found in your online classroom under Student Resources.
SuccessU are skill enhancement modules that include topics such as: "Time Management: Analyzing Your Time," "Stress Management," and "Problem Solving" to enable students to achieve success. SuccessU is accessible through your student portal under Student Services.
eBooks are electronic books that provide you with:
- User friendly navigation
- An easy to use search function to locate the information that you need
- Searchable bookmark and highlight features
For the classes that use eBooks, you can access them through the course, the web or the Chamberlain app (available for Android and iPhone).
Back to top
Our Pharma Collegē web-based game application simulates patient care through check-ins; reviewing, dosing and administering medication orders; and patient observation and education. The game also features pop-up questions and quizzes to prepare students for nursing licensure exams by enhancing their understanding of medication administration principles, incorporating more than 4,000 unique medication orders that represent over 300 drugs in 150 classifications. Pharma Collegē has been named a finalist for the 2015 SIIA Education CODiE Award in the “Best Postsecondary Learning Solution” category.
All graduate students will complete some form of practicum. Although you will play a major role in securing your practicum preceptor and location, we will provide you with a practicum coordinator to assist you through this process.
Required practicum hours vary based on program and specialty track. Please refer to the MSN Practicum Handbook, MSN FNP Practicum Handbook or DNP Project & Practicum Handbook for more details.
Career-Planning and Support for Proven Success
Chamberlain Career Services empowers students and alumni to achieve their career goals and advance healthcare outcomes. Our expert guides and resources are available throughout your educational and professional careers. We work with our internal and external partners to help drive your career advancement.
Through CareerCare, Chamberlain's career resource site, you can launch an employment search for job leads geared specifically towards you as well as gain direct access to many career resources. CareerCare tools and resources include:
- Career advising and planning tools
- Resume, Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter templates
- Create and digitally store your resume
- Interview-preparation resources
- Access to job leads geared specifically toward Chamberlain graduates
- Create a search for your target job
- Access to LiquidCompass - an external job search engine geared specifically towards healthcare positions
- Employer connections
- Access to career events
- Connect with your social profiles to maximize your networking
What’s more, CareerCare is available to you throughout your career – whenever you’re ready to make the next move, we’ll be there to help.
Employment cannot be guaranteed
Graduation ceremonies are held twice a year for all post-licensure programs. Both take place in the Chicago metropolitan area and are open to family and friends of those who are graduating. The graduation coordinator will provide more information as you get closer to your graduation date.
Our Alumni Association offers alumni networking opportunities, career services, directory services, access to the Chamberlain library, group-specific tuition rates for alumni for continuing education, access to the latest industry news and much more.