What is Quality Matters (QM)?
Quality Matters (QM) is an international non-profit organization that provides tools and professional development for quality assurance in online and blended learning. QM uses a research-centered approach to quality assurance and continuous improvement for online learning.
Why is Quality Matters Important for Me?
As part of our commitment to excellence in nursing education, Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option is nationally recognized with the Quality Matters certification mark having received the Online Teaching Support and Online Learning Support certification.
- We know your success begins with faculty excellence, which is why Chamberlain engaged in a rigorous faculty and program peer review process to apply these standards to existing courses.
- Our RN to BSN Online Degree Completion Option implemented QM in 2013 to support quality assurance goals and demonstrate a commitment to meeting the needs of adult learners.
- To date, Chamberlain is one of three national institutions with Teaching Support certification and one of only two institutions with Learner Support certification.
- The Quality Matters process supports best practices for online course delivery while developing a widely-respected set of standards for the design of effective online courses and programs.
What Should I Expect in My RN to BSN Nursing Courses?
QM recognized courses are evaluated by a review team, which includes non-Chamberlain faculty, to ensure you will find:
- A course designed with logical, consistent and efficient navigation
- Clear and sufficient instructions on how to
- get started in the course
- find various course components
- access online resources
- meet the course learning objectives
- Course learning objectives that are appropriate for the level of the course
- Faculty who showcase instructional materials which
- contribute to the achievement of the course
- provide module/weekly learning objectives that are clearly related to learning activities/assignments