Choose From Two Thriving Nurse Practitioner Career Paths
Get your Advanced Practice degree in as few as 3 years
Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner specialty track
If your favorite part of working with patients is building relationships and making a lasting impact, this is the track for you. After completion, you’ll be uniquely prepared to:
- Develop long-term treatment plans for continuous disease management
- Provide expert counseling for disease prevention and healthy living
- Deliver care using cutting-edge diagnostic and clinical methods
- Work in primary care practices, assisted living facilities and more
Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner specialty track
Do you love working in exciting, fast-paced environments where no two days are the same? You’ll feel right at home in this track. It will shape you into an acute care specialist who is qualified to:
- Care for people with acute, chronic and critical illnesses
- Diagnose and treat a variety of health conditions through evidence-based practice
- Create personalized treatment plans by incorporating demographic factors
- Practice in hospital units, specialty practices, critical care inpatient units and more
Prepare for Your Practicum
Chamberlain provides guidance from admission through graduation including securing support in a practicum. Our Experiential Learning Coordinators help with matching assistance for students to find their ideal practicum. For more information, read our Practicum Handbook.
NEW! Nurse Practitioner Preceptor Matching Service
Starting your AGNP preceptor courses is one of the most exciting times of your program. To help you prepare for Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner practicum courses, you will be paired with a dedicated team to help you identify practicum sites and preceptors. We recommend starting early to formalize arrangements for your MSN AGNP practicum experience.
Your experiential learning coordination team offers dedicated support to all students by:
- Offering coaching sessions through the entire process
- Providing resources on how to find a practicum site
- Giving tips on professionalism and how to approach a potential site
Our dedicated team of advisors is here to help, request information to learn more about Preceptor Matching.
Why More Nurses Choose Chamberlain
Admission Process Ready to start?
Here's what you'll need for admission
Tuition & Expenses
Explore your tuition options and see if you qualify for special rates
5 reasons you should apply to Chamberlain’s online adult-gerontology nurse practitioner programs now
- Start at your convenience
With 8-week classes that start at 6 different times throughout the year, Chamberlain’s flexible schedule and seamless enrollment process make it easier to start gaining more autonomy over your career.
- 24/7 online access to coursework
Our curriculum is designed by nurses, for nurses. Because we know how hectic your working schedule can be, we let you log on to complete your coursework any time you like.
- No GRE or entrance exams
Worried about costly, high-pressure entrance exams? Don’t sweat it. We think your track record in practical courses matters more than your score on a single test, and will consider you whether you’ve taken the exams or not.
- Keep costs under control
Chamberlain Admission representatives can help you identify all of your financing options, and refer you to an expert financial aid advisor to pursue your funding options. More than 90% of Chamberlain students receive some form of financial assistance for nursing school.
- You don’t have to do it alone
Chamberlain features 1:1 faculty-mentor support, with experienced nurse educators who can teach you how to lead by example and mentor other nurses.
Join a Proudly Accredited Institution
View our Accreditations, State Authorizations and more