Office of Student Disability Services

Chamberlain University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for eligible students with documented disabilities as defined by state and federal laws relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Our intent is to ensure that every student who makes a request for accommodations under ADA is advised of the accommodation process as promptly as possible. If you are a student with a verifiable documented disability, and you can provide medical documentation regarding this disability, then contact our Office of Student Disability Services at [email protected] or 855-229-0848 for more information on how to receive ADA accommodations. You may also fax your request to 630.596.1651.


The first step in the accommodation process is to contact our Office of Student Disability Services

Office of Student Disability Services 
Phone: 855.229.0848
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: 630.596.1651

After you contact the Office of Student Disability Services, the Accommodation Coordinator will ask  you to complete the accommodation request form specifying your impairment and the requested accommodation.  In addition to the form, you must provide recent (generally no more than five years old) certification and/or documentation from a qualified medical or educational professional that (a) provides a specific diagnosis; and (b) recommends specific accommodations that might be helpful to the student in an academic setting based on the diagnosis.

The Accommodation Coordinator will evaluate your request and supporting documentation and request or obtain any additional input, including additional supporting documentation as appropriate to determine whether your request should be granted or denied. If your request is granted, the Accommodation Coordinator will work with you and any school personnel (e.g., instructors, test administrators) who will help implement the approved accommodation(s). If your request is denied, the Accommodation Coordinator will engage in a dialog with you to explore any alternative reasonable accommodation options, if appropriate.

Once accommodations have been implemented, you should continue to work with the Office of Student Disability Services on any accommodation-related needs. If you experience difficulty in implementing or obtaining approved accommodations, you must notify the Accommodation Coordinator for assistance in rectifying the situation as appropriate. Accommodations are granted on a campus-by-campus basis as different resources may be available depending on the campus location. While the same accommodations may well be available, adjustments may be necessary due to the new location or modality. You must notify the Office of Student Disability Services if you plan to transfer to a new campus.

If you believe you have been discriminated against due to a disability you should contact the Office of Student Disability Services to address the immediate situation. If the Accommodation Coordinator is unable to resolve your issue, you may lodge a grievance as outlined in the Chamberlain student handbook.

Below are some additional resources to assist you through your education and career:

National Organization of Nurses with Disabilities
United States Department of Labor - Disability Resources
U.S. Department of Education