As a nursing student, it can help to connect with others who are in your shoes.
On Instagram, Chamberlain nursing students share their challenges, triumphs, advice and everything in between. They lean on other students and alumni for support throughout their nursing school journey, and celebrate each other’s milestones both big and small.
Below, we’ve chosen 22 nursing school photos that inspired us in 2018! Use #chamberlainuniversity on Instagram to join the conversation in 2019.
- “Graduating with the honors of distinction, while pregnant, working full time, and a family definitely wasn’t easy. I am a firm believer that anyone can do what they set their mind to. This wasn’t just for me, but for my family. As I read the words in my card from my daughter, ‘we’re proud of you’ and from my son ‘heal the world,’ I can’t help by smile. I only hope to inspire them. I’m super excited for what the future holds.” – @rochelle0323
- “My adventure in Haiti is unlike anything I have ever done before. I have had to step outside of my comfort zone not only as a person, but also as a nurse. During our short time here we touched the lives of hundreds of people, and we learned so many things along the way. If there is one thing that I will take with me from Haiti, it is that advocating for your patient is your number one responsibility, and if you do that right everything else will fall into place. Even if I never come back to Haiti, I know a piece of ourselves has been left behind in the education and the care that we provided. #chamberlainuniversity #globalhealth #makeadifference #sna_phx #changetheworld” - @infantnursecoltyn
- “Had an AWESOME time on day one of our review sessions in Chicago this weekend! Met my online Facebook study group & took pre-graduation group pics. Reunited with my immersion weekend boo’s! Ran into my undergraduate BSN mentee who is just getting started on this journey! Aaaaaaand I am officially ONE more week away till I’m done with the courses for my Masters of Science in Nursing and be eligible to sit for the boards! 👩🏾⚕️ #FamilyNursePractitionerLOADING #WhiteCoatLife #ChamberlainUniversity” - @gaelle.jay
- “I. DID. IT!!!!!!!!! Officially BSN, RN 👩🏻⚕️ The feeling is absolutely unreal! Thank you to everyone who supported me along the way, most of all I am proud of myself for doing what I thought I could not do! #chamberlainuniversity #Ididit #followyourdreams #extraordinarynurse” - @lhull20
- "Leaving my clinical rotation for #maternal and I can say I’ve had the BEST professor. She embodies what an extraordinary nurse is, I’ve been truly blessed to have such life-changing experiences while in nursing school. Thank you @chamberlainedu – I’ve found my calling. #futurern #chamberlainuniversity” - @amber_student_rn
- “Guess who’s getting her fingerprints done and submitting her application for licensure today?!?! THIS GIRL!!! I can’t believe how fast things are moving now! There’s a part of me that’s screaming “BRAAAAAAKE!!!!” but there’s no slowing down this train! 9 weeks to BSN!!!
#chamberlainuniversity #nostopping #nsbn” - @speeceofcake
"First time volunteering at the food bank with these lovely ladies! I feel like I did some good in this world finally 😊” - @cara_alisa
“Excited to announce that I PASSED the Exit Exam! It’s becoming so real, 🔜 I will be the beacon of light in someone’s darkness. Next the NCLEX!” - @jenjenn16
“Finished my first paper, now on to the big-papa paper. There is so much to do in so little time, but I am loving every moment. Every day is a day closer to my husband and daughter joining me here, every day is a day closer to graduation, working a career I absolutely love, buying a house and puppies and all the good things. #IAmNurseStrong #chamberlainuniversity” - @_shotofbrandy_
“This journey through nursing school has been a crazy one, but I made it!!! I have to thank my parents and the wonderful staff @chamberlainedu for supporting me and believing in my ability to accomplish one of my biggest goals! #ididit” - @nurse_yakky
“Went through my binders to find my pediatrics notes! I’m brushing up on fundamentals and pediatrics before I start my job☺️ It’s been a while since I’ve taken the course, but thanks to my capstone clinical, my skills are still pretty fresh and the material is coming back to me quickly📚👣 (Yes, I hand drew those🤪)” - @nurseroshani
“The last 2.5 years have been a whirlwind of emotions! All the hard work, sweat, and tears were worth it for a day like today! I’m so grateful to have such a supportive family, boyfriend, and all the friends I met in my time at Chamberlain!
‘You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.’ - Christopher Robin” - @studentnursejennifer
“You can tell them to dream, or you can show them how!! #bsn #chamberlainuniversity” – @rayray4821
“Pediatrics Clinical Rotation ✔️ Definitely a great experience! On to the next one: Critical Care 🏥🙏🏽🙌🏽” - @yo_verona
“This beauty came in the mail today!” - @mjeanc2009
“Student orientation was a success today! I am unbelievably ready to get my BSN! 💉👩🏼⚕️ #ChamberlainUniversity #FutureNurse #NurseStrong” – @mama_tianah
“My journey is over!! Time to open up new doors. I passed my AANP FNP boards (a month earlier than planned) just in time to head to Florida this AM! I have so many people to thank for supporting me along the way but my husband MOST OF ALL!!!! I could not have done this without him or the others encouraging me along the way!! THANK YOU!!!! 💕🙏🏼👩🏼 #msnfnp #ididit #thankyou #chamberlainstrong - Kirstin McKay MSN, FNP-C” - @er.fnp
“Grad cap on deck!!!!” - @blackbeautynp
“Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
Tomorrow I begin my travels to Kenya for my community nursing clinical. This will be a journey that will not be easy to say the least, but will be a rewarding experience and will make me be a better future nurse. #communityclinical #kenya #globalhealth #chamberlainuniversity” - @sld0916
“First day of my maternity clinical was AMAZING! Was able to go to the OR and see a C-section! 🤰🏻👶🏻💕” - @nursemodemel
“The kids here have given me so much more happiness than I have given them. I am so grateful for every smiling face and every bubble blown. Every child has the right to health and the right to play, and I’m glad I could contribute to both. #Haiti #chamberlainuniversity #publichealth #communityhealth #communitynursing” - @romattoo
“On Friday, 04.20.18 . . . after 3 years at the prime age of 33 this (as they would say) FINALLY happened. I am absolutely speechless and still trying to take it all in. I am truly and forever grateful, humbled, and blessed. Thank you to the endless support from, YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! Love you ALL beyond any words could ever express!!! 👩🏼🎓😘❤️🙌🏼 (more pics to come) #chamberlainuniversity #cumlaude #sigmathetatauinternational” - @megabela
Interested in learning how you can advance your education at Chamberlain University? Request more information here.
By Kari Lawrence
Request More Information
To receive the Chamberlain University Program Guide, including associated career paths, please select a program of study.