10 Twitter Accounts Every Nurse Should Follow
Since its inception, Twitter has emerged as one of the quickest ways to get the news and information you care about. And with its extensive network of healthcare and nursing accounts, Twitter is a great place to find all your nursing content needs in one place.
We’ve compiled a list of 10 nursing-related Twitter accounts to get you started. Check out the variety of topics available to nurses like you and follow the accounts below!
- For the Nurse Scholar: @AmJNurs - The American Journal of Nursing account contains links to peer-reviewed and evidence-based articles that will keep you at the forefront of nursing industry news. A trusted source of nursing information since 1900, the AJN is a perfect place to go when you’re looking to brush up on the latest in nursing research.
- For the Lighter Side of Nursing: @ScrubsMagazine - The Scrubs Magazine Twitter account offers advice for nurses, study tips, light-hearted nursing humor and more. Scrubs Magazine mixes industry-focused articles with advice on becoming the best nurse you can be.
- For All Things Nursing: @ANANursingWorld - The American Nurses Association tweets informative healthcare news and affirmative tweets celebrating nurses and healthcare professionals. If you’re looking for a Twitter account to both inform your mind and warm your heart, this is the one for you!
- For a Global Take on Nursing: @NursingTimes - Nursing Times is a UK-based publication that promotes blog posts geared towards nursing professionals, coverage of nursing conferences from across the globe and quotes from nursing and healthcare thought leaders. Their focus on tough topics facing nurses in the workforce today help to keep nurses informed about the issues that affect them.
- For the Nursing Student: @KaplanNCLEX - Looking to brush up on your nursing knowledge before taking the NCLEX? The Kaplan Nursing Twitter account offers inspirational quotes, nursing news, advice and tips for studying for NCLEX. This account is sure to help you feel better prepared and lift your spirits!
- For the Nurse Changemaker: @Campaign4Action - Campaign for Action is an organization focused on building healthier communities through the power of nursing. Follow their Twitter account for up-to-date information about what Campaign for Action is doing in your local community as well as the latest in nursing news, thought-leadership and advocacy.
- For the Nurse Advocate: @NursingsFuture - Want to see where nursing is headed? The primary focus of Charting Nursing's Future is informing lawmakers, hospital executives and others in the healthcare industry about issues in nursing that can inform policy and practice. Published by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Follow them to learn more about what is being done on the local and national level to support the nursing profession.
- For the Future-Focused Nurse: @JNJNursingNotes - The Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing’s Future is a national initiative to support nurses and the nursing profession. Their Twitter account brings together the best in nursing news from across the web, highlights nursing career paths and celebrates the profession.
- For a Fresh Take on Nursing : @AmerNurse2Day - American Nurse Today, the official journal of the ANA, gives you direct access to some of the top nursing minds and will keep you at the cutting edge of nursing technology and research.
- For the Chamberlain Nurse: @chamberlainedu - Chamberlain College of Nursing’s Twitter account gives you a sneak peek into the daily lives of Chamberlain students across the country, as well as inspirational quotes, blog posts and more. Get your daily dose of inspiration, study tips and more from our Twitter account!
Want more nursing inspiration on social media? Check out some of our favorites:
Do you have a favorite nursing Twitter account we didn’t mention? Tell us in the comments below!